Caution Is NOT Fear - Ask Any Navy Seal....

..... But a little fear (okay - maybe a lot) will help to boost that caution. They're symbiotic, aren't they? Well, I believe they are, and maybe I can convince someone else of that.

  Back to back blog entries (God, I hate that word: blog -  "Blarg!"! Sounds like a little kid trying to puke.) It's a JOURNAL, dammit!) ? Ja, I think I found my muse again - or she found me - so you get a double helping of "drivel" (another sound-alike word: "gruel") from me, your fellow "space traveler"..

Okay, let's go..... Fear and Caution, not one and the same but taken together, they could turn someone into a fighter/protector. Gotta be smart and wise too, though. Fear/Caution aren't going to help you much if you're a dumb-ass.

We've spoken of this in the previous entry, but it bears repeating: GET VACCINATED!  And yeah, I know I'm yelling, but in this instance, I think netiquette will allow it. We may be headed for another, tougher lockdown and there'll be more restrictions, more people in each other's faces, and sadly, more death.

Disclaimer: I am not a "Prepper", so don't take my advice as coming from someone with that experience, because I have none. In fact, it may behoove all of us to find a site like that and read what they have to say. Many of them have great information. Sift through it and take what you need.

Secondly, start gathering. Water's always good, but personally, I use tap water for bathing and washing only, and buy my drinking water in bottles - up to you, but be careful and when in doubt, boil the hell out of it before ingesting. We don't need both Covid and  Dysentery, right? Of course, if you get Covid, you'll probably get dysentery as a two-fer,  you never know. Covid is like Neapolitan ice cream, with different flavors in each bar. I don't like boxes of chocolate, and besides, today is National Ice Cream Day.

Do I sound cynical? I hope so because I think we all need to look through the cynic's glasses in order to see what's coming. I'm 71, got all the toys I want/need, and have no other worries, but I know some germ is just around the corner who wants to take it all away and put me on my German ass. I know this for a fact, and I am not willing to gamble against it. By the way, the cynic's "glasses" are not rose-colored, okay? They're a smeared brown. 

Okay, I'm going to stop with that. We all know about water and non-perishables, so let's not insult your intelligence any further.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones and teach your children. They'll need it.





Thanks, Bill

Comments

Unknown said…
It's so good to see you about and writing. Got the first shot under my belt and getting ready to have the second one when it's time. Love you my friend. Be well, and hang on to what remains of your sanity.
Bill Craig said…
Thanks, Beth. People never realize how influential they can be to others. Just the right words - "enjoy your wit, your blog. etc." can really get one out of the doldrums. You *know* where the "Doldrums" are? They're in the "Horse Latitudes" Where nothing move , all is still and nothing to drink but seawater. --- Thanks for the note, Beth!

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th