WOW!!! Look What Year It Is!!

 No excuses offered - I've been just plain lazy , friends and guests.

That's not to say no journal-worthy events have happened, because they have. They have either sucked all the energy out of me or I just said "Hell with it!". Which one's your choice, friend?

How about we just say "both of them" and be done with it? Good.

So here's an update.

Dondra now has full-blown kidney disease for which she must undergo dialysis three times a week for 4 hours a day. She hates it, but the alternative to not cleaning her blood is much, much worse. There was a time when we considered a home dialysis unit, but we absolutely do not have room here for all the equipment that requires. Maybe you know of someone who is on dialysis - either at home or at a center - and you're familiar with what goes on? So because we only live 5 minutes away from her center, I drive her there and pick her up. No muss, no fuss and our living room is free of wires and jugs of fluid.

Some good news regarding the above is we have a new friend who wants to donate one of her kidneys. As some of you may know, we haven't had good luck with donors and the list for those waiting is very long. We have another appointment on May 8th, 2023 at the Emory University Transplant Center - an all-day event for both recipient and donor.  Wish us luck, please and I will keep you updated.

I wanted to add that one of the side effects of cleansing impurities out of one's blood is the person gets cramps. Cramps happen due to the calcium imbalance in the cleaned blood and a Tums or a small amount of mustard helps the pain. As does a gentle rub from me on the affected area.

=============================

Me? Same ol' same ol'. Still cancer-free (prostate) and still relatively healthy, all things considered. As you know if you've read the journal for a while, we are each other's caregivers, and so far we have managed quite well doing that. I still keep a baby-monitor with me in bed and I'm a lighter sleeper these days, so it works out.

=============================

During my gaming (World Of Warcraft online) I have been fortunate meeting some folks who have become good long-distance friends. Channyn (not her real name) is one of these, and because of my style of play, we have collaborated in writing role-playing adventures for some of our characters. Her style of writing is such that one is drawn in from the very first word and waits for the next installment. Having taught English Composition as a student-teacher, I recognized the potential of her writing as being very promising and have said as much, but she's very modest about her talent.  I must continue my encouragement.

And that's why this journal entry. Here I was gushing about this young lady's talent and not using my own. "Practice what you preach, old man." - Ja, I hear ya. 😁

So that's all for now. I hope this journal entry finds you well and staying that way. Hope to see you again soon and thanks as always for reading! Enjoy the song. It's one of my favorites.

Bill

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th