"Will Work For Alzheimer's Meds"

 Hello again -

Have you seen a sign like the above on the side of the street lately?

Of course you haven't, (right?), but since checking online, I have discovered that Medicare has handed down a decision which makes it tougher to buy these medications.

Here's a quote from the Alzheimer's Association;"In April 2022, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an unprecedented decision that blocks Medicare coverage of FDA-approved treatments that target amyloid for Alzheimer's disease. This policy applies to all currently FDA-approved monoclonal antibody treatments, including Aduhelm and others that may receive approval in the coming months.

The Association recommends a letter to your congress person asking them to intervene. I know. Another "write your congressman" recommendation, and given the divisiveness of our two major parties, how can you be sure it's going to be read?

When it comes times like this, Bernie Sanders' name always pops into my head. I try to stay as apolitical as I can, but since Senator Sanders is an Independent, I plan to send my letter to him and I hope everyone does the same. Make 'em "Feel the Bern", as it were.

Also keep in mind that little card called "Good Rx". It really can save you a bundle. Your pharmacy should have them on their counter. Take it with you and next time you're presented with a bill totaling more than you can buy, give 'em that card and let them run it.

==================================

A joke about wearing a mask to protect yourself and others during Covid.

A man loudly refused to wear his mask while at the doctor's office. The doctor overheard him and left his exam room, asking the nurse (who was trying her best to deal with the situation) what was the matter. 

 "Mr. Jones here, refuses to wear this mask we're providing him. Mr. Jones, please tell Dr. Smith why you don't want to wear the mask."

"Well", said Mr. Jones. "My nose is too big." 

 "You won't wear the mask because your nose is too big!", exclaimed Dr. Smith. "I've never heard of such a thing. After all, I still wear my underwear."

===================================

I shared this Steve Goodman tune elsewhere and I'd like to share it here with you. Have a great rest of your weekend, and thanks for reading!



Comments

Zwuckel1952 said…
Habe endlich mal wieder nach gesehen ob es bei euch Neuigkeiten gibt.
Freue mich , dass die liebe Dondra noch lebt, wenn sie auch leider nun Dialyse Patientin ist.
Bin froh, dass es dir möglich ist sie zu betreuen und dich zu kümmern. Das ist viel wert!

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th