President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th

 Is that a sigh of relief that just washed over me from wherever you are? 😃 Great! I'm glad that makes you happy. I don't want to rain on your parade, but even though we're getting out of the pandemic status, people are still dying, and the virus continues to mutate. 🙄 I know - "Party-Pooper", right?

Its latest variant is "Arcturus" and it causes pink eye.  So if you get itchy eyes, you should probably take a Covid test. It probably came from India, and it's here with us, now, in at least 10 states

Here are the latest Covid figures for the US, if anyone is interested. We live in Carroll County, Georgia and the latest figures per capita show less than 10 deaths from  January 1st, 2023 through last Monday, April 17th, 2023. That doesn't even cause a "blip" on the Covid 'Radar" here, but folks are still "trickling in" to get their vaccinations and Dondra and I have our boosters and are up-to-date.

So what will you do about wearing the mask?

Both of us will continue to wear ours while in public. Dondra's autoimmune system is deficient because of uremic toxins (among other things) which gather in the blood - hence the three times a week dialysis - and my deficiency is suppressed by my prostate cancer, currently in remission. The tumors release little "packets" of molecules which have a deleterious effect on the immune system.

So we'll wear the masks. The few times we've had to go inside a supermarket (Right. We order groceries), we've noticed several senior citizens wearing the masks, so good for them. Better to have them and not need them, than the other way around, right?

An Update On My Dementia

Changes noticed recently include not being able to read step-by-step instructions. Instead of grouping them in consecutive numbers, I can't make any sense out of what I'm reading. It has happened before, and at those times, I usually leave the problem and come back the next day when the instructions make better sense. My primary care provider has prescribed the drug Namenda which works on memory, awareness and confusion. All symptoms I have every damn day.

Those of you who have been with me from the outset of this journal may remember Namenda as a drug I've been on before and which had "flu-like symptoms" as the chief side effect. Because physically I already have chest congestion and transient headaches, I am willing to try Namenda once more to see if it will keep all the above symptoms at bay. I'll report back once I see how it affects me now.

Just a quick PS: If there's anything you'd like me to write about, send me a comment and I'll get on it.

Take care of yourselves and thanks for reading!

Bill

For my "Muse"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE