Friendship and 9/11/2001

I want to to tell y'all a story.

Everyone knows what happened on September 11, 2001 and everyone can tell you where they were and that they were doing on that day.

This isn't about that. This is about friends, but 9/11 plays a part, so I hope you'll read this and get something from it. I certainly did.

On that day, I was in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, my hometown. I was staying with one of  my best friends Peter and his family, but had gone shopping and so was unaware of what had happened until Harry, Peter's father in law, told me they'd been watching CNN about an airplane in the US hitting a building.

"So what?", I thought to myself. And then I sat down, and disbelief mixed with tears as I saw what had happened. My "Nephews" Hannes and Jonas came to my side and stayed with me until I had myself under control again.

Well, of course all planes home were grounded out of Frankfurt, but Peter and Petra (his wife) would not let me leave their home and sleep on the floor at Frankfurt airport. They insisted I remain with them, and that is what I did.

Mine and Peter's (and many others') favorite "Kneipe" (Pub) is Klaus' as he is out very favorite bartender, and all of the one and a half weeks I was there beyond my going home time, Klaus and my German "Stamm Tisch" friends took care of me in the evenings. On my last night these wonderful guys all stood up, crossed their hearts and sang the American National Anthem to me.

I don't have a picture of them doing that, but here is one of all of us together:

I guess you might be asking yourselves, "Well, what did you do the whole time you couldn't come home???"

Visited relatives (by train), went sightseeing and everywhere I went, especially Nürnberg, I saw shrines to all the souls who lost their lives on that dreadful day.
===============================================================
===============================================================

These are my 2 best friends: Peter (beard) and Stefan. Both are musician/singers and have their own groups. Peter's is called "Time Out" and Stefan's is "Disharmonie".

What's going on in the pictures is my friend Tony had brought 4 bottles of Dos Equis beer (his favorite) thinking they would like it as well. In photo 2 you can see our reaction to the taste

===================================================================
===================================================================
Here are my 2 friends with their respective groups. As you can tell, Stefan's is totally a capella and they are much in demand in Bavaria.


Time Out:

Disharmonie:

That's it. Till next time, stay safe and please don't forget to click below and feed the animals.

Thanks

Bill

The Animal Rescue Site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th