Peachtree Road Race Training Update

Hey Everyone

 Sorry to have wimped out on logging my training efforts, but at my age and the work that is required, sometimes afterward all I want to do is lie down.

With a little more than a month to go, I'm having a ball outside getting some sun and working on my stamina. Getting as much of that as a 74 year old can, I guess. I know I'm supposed to train one day on and one day rest, but I'm already running intervals and enjoying it, so if I feel like it, why not do it? (Rhetorical question - I know I have some followers who run and/or cycle and they may have a word or two to say about my regimen).

My intervals began at 20 strides at a slow run, then 40 a little quicker; and now I'm at 120 strides and will begin hill training this coming weekend (Memorial Day). The Race begins on an incline and then tops off on what is known as "Cardiac Hill", which is why I need the hill training.

Downhill? Oh, yeah. I look forward to those, but even there I have to run carefully because I don't want to twist an ankle on an uneven flat, and with my bones made of glass, I'll need trod carefully.

Don't know what got into me to do this, but if I can finish this one, I'd like to continue on to do a Half-Marathon and then maybe a whole one.

OCD? Me? Probably.

Thanks for reading and see you next time.






Comments

Popular Posts

Thanks, Suzette!

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

Alzheimer's Advocacy Forum 2011