"Honey, May I PLEASE Have A Degree?"/I Have Mice In My Bones!!

 Since it's been a while since I've written anything (August 29th - lost my muse again, ah reckon 💔), I thought I'd combine two of the more humorous events occurring lately - hence the two titles.

The first refers to a little "compromise" I try to reach with my wife Dondra over the thermostat settings. She likes it warm, I like it cool. I know this must sound familiar to many of my readers, but as you will find out, I have to actually "negotiate" for that one degree of coolness.

What happens is -  I will add a "chore" to my already "numerous" ones, and for the rest of the afternoon and early evening, I get to enjoy my degree. Said chore might include the hated dusting, or cleaning the "hell-hole" that is my office. Her terminology - not mine. To me, it doesn't look that bad, and I can put my hands on anything I need within seconds.

In all fairness to her, I must tell you that since her minor stroke several years ago, she's on a blood thinner daily, and, as you might expect, the thinner the blood the colder the body - especially in the elderly - which is what we must now call ourselves. "Elderly".......... "I'm elderly, okay???? So don't give me any more of your crap, and while you're at it - "Get off my damn lawn!!!" ðŸ˜… We get to say that now - but I admit I'll be sad when I hear myself being called "Old Man Craig". 

So I try to keep that in mind as the sweat rolls off my nose and down into my shorts, and I only ask maybe once a week. She, in turn, sits in her chair with her legs on her ottoman, under a throw - and suffers in silence.

Here ends part one of my entry.

The mice. And that's not a typo up there and just now. After injuring my rotator cuff about a month ago, I have to be very careful how I use my right (dominant) arm, because if it twists the wrong way - well, that hurts like the dickens. If you have ever sustained that kind of injury, you will know what I mean.

So I went for an X-Ray, and here (partially) is what the Radiologist saw: 

5 views the right shoulder were obtained and show mild acromioclavicular degenerative change along with the subacromial spur. There is minimal calcific density seen just medial to the inferior humeral head which May represent small joint mice. No fractures are seen.

[Highlighting and italics are mine, by the way]

I have never heard of "joint mice" and had to google it, so here, for your edification is the definition of "joint mice": "A loose fragment (as of cartilage) in a synovial space." So then I had to look up "synovial" and here is that definition: "Synovial joints are the most common joints in the body. They are characterized by the presence of a joint cavity, inside which articular surfaces of the bones move against one another".

Y'all will have to look up "articular" on your own.

So I get a steroid shot into that area and sent home like a good boy. I am told to return in a month, and that will be next week. Long story short, if there's no improvement, what follows is an MRI and then - possibly - surgery. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

So that is where I have been - benched with a bum arm. Can't play my guitar, because of the up and down strumming, can't do what I call "The Twist" - that thing you do with the bath towel to dry your butt - and I have limited mobility elsewhere I need to reach. Okay? Y'all can read between the lines, right? 😆

In closing, please remember that although all that I write is true, there is a load of satire included, because that is who I am, Baby! 

Thanks as always for reading, and see you next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th