Friendship: One Leavin', Two Losin'


Hello again.

(psssst! remember to scroll down and click "Read More" to see the whole entry. Thanks!

Say you have a friend, and you and that friend forged that bond called "Friendship"

You're "Buds", "Homies", "Pals" - Maybe you never call each other that to your faces. You don't need to, do ya? It's just there, right? 

Right. It's there. Just a-hangin' in the air. No worries, no cares, 'cause your bud's right there. 

Poets, songwriters can use the above for free. It's some of my best rhymin'.

Did I make my point about the "great forge of the bond"?

One day you find out your friend's going to be leaving - to move far away. You have a little time to get used to it, so you use that time to fill up your head with the memories, the kindnesses, the laughs and the good times. Storing it up, because it might be a  long time before you see each other again. A "long time" when you're 70, ain't that long, and you can quote me on that!

So the "Day" finally gets here, and you're dreading the saying goodbye part, practicing your lines; you know, all that stuff that gets said, all the well-meaning "lies" which get told: "I'll call you", "We'll get together for sure" etc. etc.

Ready? Ready!

You're standing at your window, because you want to make sure it's the right time to come out and do that huggin' slap on the shoulder thing (all the time keeping in mind there's a virus out to kill you both, of course).

But.

And y'all could see that "but" coming a mile away, right? That "but" has one o' them "Back-up Beepers", but... ........

........this one's coming forward and about to hit you right between the eyes, Brother!


Your friend's car pulling out of the drive.

Huh?

Yep, and you, you dumb ass, you go running after, thinking "Surely my Buddy didn't mean to forget!", but back in what you call your "mind" you know that "Somethin' ain't right between Bugscuffle and Dot".

How does that make you feel? How does that make you feel about this little "scenario", friends and neighbors?

Angry? Well, sure. We're talking about some serious time invested in this little "deal"!

What's that? - "How does that make me feel?"

Weeeelllll, I'll tell ya'. I ain't worked it all through yet, but damn' I got some good ol' adrenaline goin' with that temper of mine (hadn't had me a tantrum in a while - me being a gentle soul and all)  and I started with that. Grrrrrrr! 

But maybe, just maybe.......I imagined it all. That friendship, I mean. Maybe It wadn't one o' them BFF's I keep hearin' about, but maybe just an "SBF"? (Okay. It means "Single Best Friend" 😉)

So I went to my PC and fired off the first "volley" of words, shut it all down and had me an imaginary beer. 

I may come back to this one, so if you read my drivel - stay tuned. Meanwhile, I think this fellow may have the answer: Don't make friends in the first place. Scroll down a bit and enjoy! 


Thanks for reading and I'll see y'all next time. REALLY!!! I'll BE here!

Bill

PS: It's a story dammit! It's what I do: I sit and make up stories and write them down here. I leave it to the reader to decide the rest.
But this one is true.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th