Magic, Cycling and Politics: Another Potpourri Day

As a respiratory therapist in the ER, I used to do a little magic for my pediatric patients to help pass the time and allay their fears. I also did a little puppetry with my buddy "Dr. Bob".

Recently, I decided, as a memory booster to get back into it if I could and decided to see if there's a website for magicians. Luckily, I found one on the first try at genii. (Just click on the link above to take you there). I introduced myself, told them a little about me, and the next thing I know I'm being taken under their wing, with suggestions for books free books (thank you JordanB) and tricks I can learn easily. Richard Kaufman, who has written the book Magic Tricks and who runs the site, suggested the use of note cards as a help to me. So I'm going to try to put together a short show maybe for Christmas.

Here's One I showed Suzette when she came for her weekly visit this past Tuesday: The Magic Coloring Book which is one I did for the kids.

.

I'm trying my best to keep busy with different things to help my memory, but it's getting really easy to lose focus.

========================================================================
Seems like the weather is cooling off a little and time to get the bike ready and do a little cycling on The Silver Comet Trail. I like to ride on the Trail because it keeps me out of traffic and since I had that three-car accident back in April, I'd rather ride where I won't encounter any cars. Another reason is that I was almost killed when I rode the bike from Carrollton, TX to Carrollton, GA last year.

Carrollton and Carroll County really do not have anything to keep a cyclist out of traffic, so I don't mind the trip to Paulding County.

I ride alone because it appears that no one can ride as slowly as me (top speed on flats 16 mph) and so that I can appreciate the trees on either side of it. If you didn't click on the link, the trail is abandoned railroad track which runs from just outside Atlanta into Alabama.

=====================================================================

Now for the politics: We advocates of the Alzheimer's Association are concerned about the national debt and how it may affect the amount of funds allotted for research. We dodged a bullet recently when Congress and the President finally reached an agreement that would leave Social Security and Medicare alone, but we're possibly facing another battle, because Pres. Obama has now appointed twelve members of Congress and tasked them to cut 1.5 trillion dollars off the national debt. Here's the news from my advocate page on the Alzheimer's Association website.

I know I have readers all over the US, so I'd appreciate it if you'd take a few minutes of your time and contact your local lawmakers and tell them not to mess with our funds, thanks.

That's it for this time. I appreciate y'all reading and please remember the animals and click to feed by clicking the button below. Here's an appropriate tune for this entry:



Thanks,

Bill
The Animal Rescue Site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th