Been A While, Huh?

Yep, I haven't written since March, so here's an update on Dondra and Bill.

First of all, Dondra is feeling much better ! She's up and around, cooking, yelling at me (which I love) and even driving short distances. She drove to her hairdresser today (our niece Pat) by herself, It was about a mile away and I was glad when she came back. She thanks all of you who read this blog for your prayers, thoughts and "get well" wishes.

On the other hand though, she's on a lot of meds and we don't dare let her run out. Some of them are very expensive, but we budget for that and no problems there at present. She has great doctors who treat as her as an equal due to her many years working hand in hand with them as a respiratory therapist.

As for me, well..... things haven't gone so well lately. I spent a week in hospital due to having septic pneumonia. To explain, that is when you have blood poisoning and it gets into one's lungs. The docotr told me, "You weren't dancing with the Grim Reaper, but you two were at the same party, for sure."  That was a month ago and I am fine now. The only thing worrying me was that Dondra was alone. She spent several nights with me sleeping in a chair, but I couldn't allow that, so I had her stay at home with our son.

Don't know if I mentioned this, but I am now under the care of  The Veteran's Administration Health System. The reason for this was the reduced cost of my own meds and free doctor care.

It's tough trying to deal with paying bills, buying groceries, washing clothes, dishes, driving Dondra to her appointments with my batshit dementia, but during those times I am at my sharpest brain wise and I don't make mistakes, so that's a good thing.

Also good news about the dementia: I haven't gotten any worse that I can tell. Although I still get a bit disoriented when I have to drive. Nothing dangerous - just missing exit ramps. Luckily my VA Clinic is only about 1.5 miles, so that too is very convenient for me.

Been writing songs and playing guitar again, so things are much better.

=======================================================

A song for my wife. It's one of her favorites and maybe you'll remember it?






=======================================================

As always, please click to feed the unwanted animals. It costs us nothing and keeps them alive.

Thanks

Bill

The Animal Rescue Site

Comments

Margaret said…
Hi Bill and Dondra,
Sorry I missed all this. Long story there. I hope Dondra and you are both well, now that those crises are over. Going on VA was a good idea, especially with all the uncertainties about health care these days.
Hugs, I'll keep you both in my thoughts,
Your friend in Montreal,
Margaret

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th