Dinner And A Haircut

I hadn't realized what a recluse I'd become until D and I took our son and his wife out to dinner Sunday afternoon. Other than meeting an old classmate of mine a couple of weeks ago for lunch, it was the first time I've gone anywhere of any substance in 8 months or longer. O'Charley's has a weird way of wrapping their silverware - they don't just roll it in a napkin - they lock it in some way, and as I ripped it open those utensils flew off the table, and we had to ask for new ones. I guess they've made them childproof or something.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of luck in restaurants and Dondra had to hold me to keep me from bolting out of the booth. I remember once I couldn't figure out which goes on the lap; the silverware or the napkin and I kept doing back and forth "trials" until it finally "kicked in" and we all had a big laugh over it. That's the visual/physical stuff.

Also still having trouble with the written/spoken words.

For example, D and I were talking about a friend of ours who suspects she may have something going on with her ovaries but has no insurance, so how's she going to afford to see a gynecologist, etc.?

So I came out with this gem: "Well, she really needs to have those things autopsied and specufied. I'm sure we can find her someone who will see her?"

Well, you know what I did, right? I mispoke the word "biopsy" and somehow, in my addled brain, pictured a speculum, a gynecological instrument, and there I went. We were in the car at the time and Dondra sprayed the windshield with her Snapple, as I uttered those appropriate, well thought-out words.

Just another day in Bill's "Bat(shit)Cave".

We're doing something new now called "Word of The Day", and all I have to do is remember what it is when I'm asked, but I've been driving D crazy because I also try to use it in a sentence.

Last week, the word was tragic. So Sunday, after a jog around the track, someone asked me if I'd enjoyed it, and I answered, "Tragically, yes."

Oh yeah: the haircut Monday. My stylist looked at me and said, "When's the last time you were in here, Bill????.

She checked, and it had been almost 4 months.

If this is a trend, I don't see myself going to my 45th year class reunion.
===================================================================
===================================================================

Some cognitive function news for ya.

Seems that recently some researchers at a university in North Carolina discovered that playing World of Warcraft (an online "first person" game) can help in the retention of cognitive functions.

I've known that for almost 4 years, and it's why I started playing it in the first place!
=================================================================
=================================================================

=================================================================
=================================================================

Please don't forget to click to feed. You can set yourself a reminder on their website in case you don't do it because you forgot my reminder here.

The Animal Rescue Site

Thanks

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th