12:51: Just Some Pot Pourri, Revised, With An Apology

PLEASE READ FIRST, THANKS!
========================================================================

Dear Friends,

What follows is a revised and heavily edited version of yesterday's post, and I apologize it was necessary to rewrite so much of it.

I have always prided myself that I learned to speak American English out of a dictionary; majored in English in college; and was a fairly good broadcast journalist in my day. However, what I subjected you to yesterday would have deserved an F minus!

My favorite college professor, Gerry Garmon, PhD, would have gone apoplectic had he read the previous version! So please excuse me, and I will also try my best to do better next time!

BC

=============================================================================

My sleeping patterns are way off the scale, now.

I am sleeping more and more often in little bitty time periods; maybe 20 minutes, then awake again, get up, mess around with my bass guitar, read a little, get sleepy again, and back to bed I go.

And that's the way it's been for about three weeks around the clock.

I do have sleep apnea, some nights worse than others, but I'm also prone to panic attacks and that mask really scares me  when I wake up in the middle of the night and it's pushing air down my gullet!

It is so scary to me, I feel as if I am smothering!

Sometimes I can handle it, sometimes not, so I guess you could call me non-compliant with the CPAP.

I really don't want to take a sleep med, so I am hoping that those little sleep intervals do me  some good anyway.

I have tried telling myself, "Hey, you don't get to sleep, you're not gonna be worth a flip at work in the mornin', dude!"

But of course then I remember I can no longer work and/or take care of my patients and then I "hear" the words to that pretty song:  "That was yesterday, and yesterday's gone". 

I really, really miss my patients, and I hope they are doing well!

So, it's up and down, up and down and try to be quiet so I don't disturb Dondra.

Speaking of the bass..... my memory used to be good enough that I woudn't even need to look at the music. I'd just practice the part over and over till I could play along with the song and no problem.

But now, I have to have the tablature on my music stand all the time so I play the correct notes. I can't trust my memory to get it right twice in a row.

It's different with my drums though. You start playin' live or put on a cd, and I'll find  that groove and we're good to go all the way to the end.

I think that had to do with the fact I played drums mostly by ear (and man, them drumsticks hurt up in there!), and you know us Germans have a natural sense of rhythm.  HA! (That was satire, my absolutely favorite literary genre!)
=============================================================================
=============================================================================
It occurs to me that next year is my 45th high school class reunion, so I've been in touch with a few of my classmates  whom I remember from  then and asked them what they remember about me, and a few of them have written back.

I told y'all I wanted the good and the bad, but you won't tell me anything bad I did, dammit!

So I will tell you something bad I did. I may even tell you two somethings bad I did, if I remember what it was when I get down  to that   paragraph.... HAHA!.......
=========================================================================
=========================================================================

Okay, one Sunday afternoon my (then) steady girlfriend and I took a ride in the country (Folks used to actually do that, did you know it???), and as it sometimes happens, a small animal darted out in front of our car and I couldn't avoid hitting it. It was, for sure, I thought, dead.

She knew my love for animals and she could not believe I didn't stop, get out and see about that little squirrel I had just murdered with my car!

She then moved over to her side of the front seat (yup, we sat really close side by side, because my little Chevy had bench seats) hugged the door, crossed her arms and sulled up on me.

No matter what I said or tried to reason it out with her, nothing worked. I knew I had screwed up royally, and I think I wound up taking her home right after that. At her request.
=====================================================================
=====================================================================

Looking through the ol "retrospectroscope", I realize she was right (realized it too after I got home) and I've never regretted anything more.  Hell, I've  since been known to pull over and help little turtles cross the highway! 

But as the sayin goes. "too little, too late".

I think about that day and my stupidity and I do apologize to both of you.

Did we stay together long after that?

Damifino. I have that damn CRS, don'tcha know. ;) (Y'all do know what "CRS" stands for, right? "Can't remember shit". There. I said it!
============================================================================
============================================================================

Here's "Bad Thing #2":

While in high school, I played in the marching band, played drums in our rock band "The Lighthouse Tavern", as well as one other band when the Tavern didn't have a gig: "The Watchmen".

Also, every day after school and band practice, I had a job at one of the yarn mills in Fullerville, (a little suburb of Villa Rica)  until 11 pm, after which I did my homework, cleaned a little house, read my Dad's Playboys... etc. 

All this paid for my gas, my fun with my dates, and my Dad back for buying me my first drum kit.

But it soon got to the point where I couldn't handle the pressure of having to be so many places and  under such pressure, that I began taking "No-Doz" to stay awake. One night, I had taken too many and they had to cart me off the football field and take me to the ER, where my favorite doc, Larry Boss, took care of me and gave me a "good talkin' to".

Well see?  I already had the longest hair in school (They called me "Beatle Bill" - which I hate to this day), so everyone put 2 and 2 together and decided I was a druggie. On No-Doz??? Come on, gimme a break, okay????;)
========================================================================
========================================================================

But I've changed my ways: Instead of No-Doz, I now just drink Red Bull and I've become a true-blue animal welfare advocate!

I'm sure there's more. I'll check with my brother and let you know.

Speaking of my bro, one other bad thing he says I did was, while my mom and dad were at work in the evenings, I used to make him go to bed at 4 in the afternoon. 

I didn't want him to hear my talking to my girlfriend, you see.

Not that we said anything too risque', you know.

Now, he was well-rested! :)
============================================================================
============================================================================





======================================================================
======================================================================

In spite of what you read above, I DO love the animals and I want you to as well. So please click the link below to feed them free and do it every day. Please and thanks!

The Animal Rescue Site

Thanks,

Bill

====================================================================
====================================================================



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th