" A New Study Shows....."

If you've followed this blog for a while, then you know how much this crap frustrates me. More often that not, the "meat" of the story is followed by, "although more study is needed......" blah, blah, rackenfracken BLAH!Here's an example:
Okay, maybe this is the one, but I've been eating B12, fish oil, coconut oil, E, everything but suck some normal person's blood out of his neck for the three years that I've had this stuff. I've even been asked if I've been "washed in the blood of the lamb?". I'll try anything once.

I really don't mean to be so cynical, guys, but dammit, some of our time's running out, and it seems to me that for whatever reason, we're still pussyfooting around this disease with really nothing to show for it.

Over on the Straight Dope Message Board, we have some of the most interesting and knowledgeable people discuss some very interesting stuff, and here's a subject I participated in: a thread called "Will There Be A Cure For Alzheimer's Disease In My Lifetime?"
. Please pay special attention to Lane's
post, because it seems that he or she has really done some homework and I'm wondering where they were when I needed help with my term-papers.
==========================================================================
==========================================================================
In other news, the lady-wife (Dondra) is feeling much better, and sent me to Dairy Queen a little while ago for some chicken fingers. The jury's still out on whether or not she'll return to part-time work at her hospital, especially since she still has her cervical fusion yet to be done.

While we're talking about it, here's something I didn't know about Pulmonary Hypertension: It could have been caused by a diet drug called FenFen (off the market now). I signed us up for a PAH (pulmonary arterial hypertension) website last week, and they've been all kinds of great help with med recommendations and checking to see if there may be a class-action suit she can enter into.
======================================================================
======================================================================
Had me an Alzheimer's Nightmare last night.

I got lost walking around Carrollton (where we live), got disoriented and got really scared because I had no idea where I was. People I stopped kept running away when I tried to show them my bracelet with all the info on it, and when I tried to call D on my cell phone the whole thing just blew apart.
Finally a police officer stopped and said he'd call someone to help me and get me home.
Next thing I know, some paddy wagon type thing drove up, two guys jumped out, put me in a strait jacket and took me to this place where they started shooting me up with all kinds of experimental drugs. It was a really detailed dream (mine all are) and I felt all the effects of the drugs, saw my bed I was tied into, the pain of the catheter (told you it was detailed) and everything associated with my dilemma.

I figure I dreamed all that because of all my bitchin' about there not yet being a cure! LOL!
=====================================================================
=====================================================================

====================================================================
====================================================================

The Animal Rescue Site
Thanks for clicking to feed!

Bill

Comments

Margaret said…
Hi Bill,
I'm glad Dondra seems to be doing better. I missed the news about her illness on SDMB because I only dropped by for a few minutes to ask a question re Facebook and I didn't check all the forums. I've been walking around coughing my guts out since September 11 (day after my nephew's wedding, so I'm sure of the date) and feeling sort of miserable. You know those days when you feel too miserable to drag yourself to the doctor's office?
Take good care of yourself and Dondra.
Hugs to you both,
Margaret
Anonymous said…
Hi Margaret

Thanks for the note, and I hope you'll feel better soon.

Yeah it's been a rough 2 and a half weeks for Dondra, but she gets her post-op stitches out in the morning, so that's another hurtle jumped.

The next thing is tracking down where the PHA came from and then the cervical fusion surgery.

Fun times! :)

Thanks again,

Bill and Dondra

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th