Doin' The Horizontal Boogie (RLS- Restless Leg Syndrome)

This is 2 weeks running I haven't been able to sleep because my brain's telling my legs to do a 50-mile triathlon while flat on my back.

Yep, as if I needed one more symptom to add to my list of afflictions, I can now add restless leg syndrome. If you have it too, you'll know what I'm talking about: it's a neurological condition with no known definitive etiology (med-speak for "cause"), but in my case I'm wondering if the fact I'm on three kinds of anti-depressants is causing this.

It's right now 6:10 am and I've slept maybe 30 minutes tonight. For the week, maybe 3 hours, and I'm irritable as hell.

This is nocturnal, so I figure my autonomic nervous system needs a fine-tune with some chemical assistance. (I take so much medicine and supplements now, it's like eating a small meal!).

FAST FORWARD.....

The doctor told me Thursday I'm taking too many anti-depressants, so we cut back the Welbutrin to 150 mg just once a day. Indeed, taking too many anti-depressants can cause RLS, so for the next week, I'm cutting down and see if that stops it. I just hope it doesn't stop me from being a "Happy Boy", because the chemicals sure have helped with the mood swings.

The magic is keeping me occupied, and I am learning some effects I hope to present at our Christmas Alzheimer's banquet. The magicians at genii have been a huge help to me, sending me books and tricks to do, and I'm very grateful.

You know, I'm actually very fortunate to have all my activities at my disposal and it just pisses me off royally that I am so apathetic toward doing them sometimes. I feel like I really need the Namenda, but Thursday's visit did absolutely nothing in that regard, nor in any other. That's all I want to say at this point: it was an absolute waste of time. More on that later.
=====================================================================

I have said from the very outset, that I am going to write about my life as much as I am comfortable with. This would be, after all, my reason for writing it . The symptoms, the results of trying different meds, how I am feeling on any particular day; it is all a part of getting better and being pro active and not reactive. Opening a door into my life, so to speak.

I realize, however, that we are all different, with different degrees of how much they are they are willing to share, but for those who don't feel comfortable who don't want to publicly share it, would you be willing to talk about it anonymously or instruct the person who has your medical power of attorney to do so on your behalf?

Here's why I put this whole thing into italics: In one of the more recent entries I wrote of the NAPA (National Alzheimer's Project Act) bill just signed into law: "Sometimes when you want something and don't get it, it's because you didn't ask for it." I now want to add a word to that sentence. I want to add, "correctly" to the end of it.

A couple of weeks ago, we Alzheimer's Advocates held a meeting to discuss ways to use this law to our advantage. My suggestion was to use some of it to help our caregivers. Give them some time off or give them a little money in order to compensate them for expenses on our behalf.

How else can these funds be used? What? Huh? Sorry, I didn't get that, can you repeat that please?

See what I mean? You can't do anything because you didn't hear me ask.

So we need your voice to help make decisions, and if you get a questionnaire about this subject, please help our Board of Directors by filling it out and let them know what you want!
======================================================================/i>
======================================================================Fo



For my Magician-Bros'.....


========================================================================
========================================================================
I wish all of you a great work week coming up, and please help however you can, the victims of Hurricane Irene and please don't forget to click to feed and maybe set yourself a reminder in your calendar to do it every day, thanks.














The Animal Rescue Site

Thanks

Bill
do

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th