35 Days Till Medicare, Dammit!

That's right, I'm not particularly pleased about that, just as I wasn't pleased when I got that first letter from AARP.

I. AM. NOT. OLD!!!!!!

I know what you must be thinking to yourselves, "You oughta be glad you're getting it, Bill! It'll make things much easier for you, medically."

Yeah, okay. It will make things much easier for me, but I wish with all my heart that I didn't have to be on it, and I wish with all my heart that I didn't have to use it. But I do. I know there are folks less fortunate than me that need it and must be fighting to get it and here I sit, trapped inside this body with a batshit mind which isn't of any use to anyone, especially my patients whom I miss so much!

Lately, I've been getting tons of mail from the Medicare folks advising me on what plan(s) to choose, what it will pay and what it won't.

I've just told Dondra to take a look and choose the best plan for me. Your input is appreciated as always, of course!

I want to remind those of you who are advocates and caregivers of an Alzheimer's Town Hall Meeting which is coming up soon in your area.
Ours will be held on August 13th and here's the scoop on this one:

So please attend if you can. We need to give some input to Congress on what we want, because if we don't they're likely to forget about us, like they forgot about all those FAA folks and left on vacation!

Kathy Simpson, one of my counsellors has asked if I'd speak to any news media present that day, but I think I'll leave that to Kris Bakowski, who has more experience with that than I do.

Another tune from my favorite new goup, 3 Bottles Of Wine:

This is a cute song that features some "back and forth" between Marco and Julia. It's called "Barenaked". I am still hoping to bring them to Atlanta to play. Y'all know I have to have a project going, or I'll spontaneously combust! HAHA!

Remember to click to feed our four-footed homeless:

The Animal Rescue Site



Thanks

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th