The Marathon: Running For Alzheimer's Awareness

Yes, I know it's not an original idea, but it is a personal one, so this week I made it official: Every step of the Atlanta marathon next year will be dedicated to Alzheimer's victims and their loved ones everywhere.

As I mentioned in a previous entry, the last one I ran I finished just 12 minutes before it ended at 4 hours and 48 minutes. Even though I'm 11 years older, my goal this time will be to finish at 4 hours and 30 minutes or under.

I can do this and I will do this because I think it is important to show we still are your friends, your family and your neighbors and we don't need you to feel sorry for us or "write us off". We want you to stand by us and help us obtain the funding needed to research and cure this terrible disease.

My counsellor Suzette has been notified of my decision, and in the coming months you will see information on planning and how you may participate if you wish.

My mind is weak (ening), but my legs are strong. Please give me your moral support, okay?

Thanks and please don't forget our 4 footed friends. We're heading into the cold months, and although their fur will protect them, we need to help them with hunger and companionship, so please click to feed and rescue when you can!

Bill

The Animal Rescue Site

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th