Who said that?
Douglas MacArthur, right?
It was the 18th century US Naval captain John Paul Jones who said that, to a suggestion of surrender by the captain of the British vessel Serapis
Here's something else attributed to the Revolutionary war hero:
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way.".
Yeee-Haaw! Sounds like I might've liked to serve with this man.
"So what's this got to do with you, Bill? You're no John Paul Jones", you must be saying to yourselves.
Hell, I know that!
Some things in my life have and are changing pretty fast, and it made me look up that quote after I said the following words to myself;
"Well, it has been an interesting life, hasn't it? No one can ever say that Bill Craig never pushed the "envelope" to its fullest!"
Okay, as you're getting settled in for some interesting reading, let me update you on a few things:
Not getting any better, I'm afraid: mentally or physically.
1. I found out I have an embedded kidney stone. That means it's sittin' there in the kidney and is making a little ass of itself by infecting me and causing me to spill blood into my urine. if it doesn't turn loose (not likely) it will have to be pulverized (lithotripsied) or they'll cut into me. We shall see.
Meantime I have to pee a lot, sometimes in a trickly slow stream, which burns like hell and I have to do it sitting down so that it will come out at all. (They make jokes about guys like me on Saturday Night Live - no kidding!)
2. I am retaining fluid on the right side of my body. Just the right side, the left is normal. Bloodwork's been done, just haven't heard back. Something like this could lead to CHF (Congestive Heart Failure), so let's hope it doesn't come to that.
3. I think I told y'all I was hearing voices, right? Well, that is still going on, but now we have the added entertainment of Bill hearing the phone ring when it really isn't, and answering it as if it had. I also find myself having conversations with what's going on on television.
LIFE IN GENERAL
1. Got some legal stuff coming up that I canot comment on at present, but rest assured I will have my "day in court", and in the words of The Stray Cats, "I'm gonna rock this town!"
Ummmm, I can tell you that this concerns nothing felonious, okay? Feel better now?
2. We're coming into the "home stretch" with my SSDI (Social Security Disablity Income), and I hope to know something in a month. Please keep your fingers crossed that at that time I will still be able to enjoy using the money!
3. Oh, yeah. Almost forgot. I'm getting married tomorrow.
Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but please remember the animals, and remember to feed to click and then click to vote for Paulding Humane Society in the "20K Shelter Challenge".
Here's the button, for all my "Lazy-Butts"! *S*
I love y'all. Hang in there with me, okay? I'm not going anywhere!!!!!!!!!