I Made Someone Laugh Today.......

....... and it was like music to my ears, since I have found it very difficult to smile with any amount of sincerety lately.

It was my friend Beth from Ohio who calls me on a regular basis to make sure I'm okay, and here's what made her laugh: (wasn't funny to me at the time, but I used to love making people laugh, so it was kinda like deja vu for me).

Okay, went to the bank this morning to make a deposit and decided to stop at the convenience store to pick up some diet drinks. I had to park the car around the side of the store at a sort of incline and since my car has a manual transmission I put it in neutral, got out and started for the store, when an elderly gentleman said "Car's rollin'".

I looked, and sure enough, I had forgotten to pull up the emergency brake and it was rolling straight for another car!

Okay, now y'all have to picture this: I have some Earth Shoe openbacked sandals that I like to wear when the weather's warm, but they're not really suited for running, if you know what I mean.

Well, I knew I had just seconds to get to the Hyundai, jump in and stop it, so just like a broad jumper, I launched myself out of the sandals, flat footed, and made it to the car with about 10 inches to spare before impact.

Whew!

I got out of the car, and there stood the elderly gentleman (like I'm not) and here's what he had to say:

"Goddamdest thing I ever seen", and walked away.

So Beth, I'm glad you got a kick out of that, Honey, but I liked to have made a "deposit" in my BVD's as well!

Speaking of being forgetful. I forgot to remember to tell y'all that when you go to the animal rescue site and click on the food button, and then go to the shelter challenge and put in Paulding Humane Society, Dallas Georgia 30132 and then click that you have to do one more thing: write the name of the animal you see in the box and then click once more.

I forgot to do that last night so my vote did not count.

Just click on the paw and please bookmark the site and click every day.

Thanks and enjoy the song below. It's one you don't hear often by Creedence Clearwater Revival!



Bill

The Animal Rescue Site

Comments

Beth said…
I really needed that laugh too... Glad you and your car are ok though! *HUG*
Bill Craig said…
Love you, Hon! Thanks for thinking about me!

Bill

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th