"I Don't Want To Forget You!"

That's probably on the mind of every man and woman who's been diagnosed with this awful disease: that gradually, the knowing of her or him will disappear. It's been on my mind ever since last October, when I decided I needed to find out why I couldn't remember stuff and why my mind wandered so much.

It's a frightening feeling, and it's one among many things I will be discussing with my shrink when I see him in May.

"A shrink??? But you're not ......."

What? I'm not CRAZY?

I'm demented. Alzheimer's is a form of dementia. Remember back in Where to Bud? 101 when I first started this blog? We went over that already - where were you that day and why am I writing to myself????

Anyway look up dementia in the dictionary and find its synonyms. The word "crazy" is in there, trust me.

I don't know anyone who's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's who isn't also seeing a psychiatrist. We have to, because we're also depressed. You can't go through the five stages of grief by yourself. Well, you could, I guess, but you'd probably off yourself way before you needed to go.

So yeah, I'm going for psycho-therapy because there needs to be a "baseline" established and I need to get myself into a mode so that I can enjoy whatever time is left.

And yeah, I too think about that time when I won't know my loved ones anymore. It's like being on death row. You know it's coming, you just don't know when.

Love each other.

Love him.

Love her.

Do it now, while there's still time. "Live each day as if it were your last" is a really good philosophy.

Till next time. Enjoy your weekend. Today was a pretty Spring day in Dallas, Georgia USA.

Thanks

Bill

Comments

Anonymous said…
Twas a boy named Bill
Who was rather clever with the quill,
Til one day he was told, “Eh, you know, you ‘re demented”
But he jumped to respond and he quickly commented,
That’s right! Hot dog, diggity dam,
A very demented young man I am!
Though it’s true that the women, they all love me,
There’s a special fellow I must go to see.
He will help gather me pieces into a tidy bowl,
So I can continue to, “Rock & roll”.

Good luck, young Bill.
May you never lose your untiring will.
We need to look forward to your stories,
You are the one to help us to forget our special worries.
LB

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th