Voices Of Alzheimer's Pt. IV

It's been a couple of days, and a few things have happened, but I promised y'all "warts and everything/nuts and bolts". Or however that saying goes, so how 'bout we just get started right away?

Response: "I am scared. I don't know how long I will be able to work..... what a burden will I be?"

*Snort* (Sarcastic laugh): Well doesn't that one fit me to a "T"" ?

When we first began thinking along those lines, well , of course I needed to tell my boss!

I am considered a "First Responder", and I better know what to do and when, right!?

So far it hasn't been a problem, but "little things" have begun rearing their ugly heads:

1. ( A "little thing") Our ER has 16 sliding glass doors to each cubicle.
Friday night I was having a lot of difficulty opening room 9.
Try as I might I could not get that sumbitch door to open up!
I very loudly mentioned this to the ER nursing staff, one of whom told me I was trying to slide open the wrong side.

2. Not paying attention to my order sheet, and almost did a procedure on the wrong patient.

3. My co-workers are beginning to "make allowances" for me, and are "taking up the slack" when they do not need to.

It isn't just a few things, it's a few things all the time, and it's scaring me.

Tomorrow is the time for the 72-hour EEG, and I am scared shit-less.

It will be the beginning of whatever.....

Wish I could just lie down and pull the world up over my head.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe you have very late onset Attention Deficit Disorder?

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th