Wednesday, January 14, 2009

72-Hour EEG Coming Up

Today I got a call from my neurologist's office, and I have been pre-certified by my insurance company to go ahead with a "72-Hour EEG" to monitor my brain waves and record any seizures or other abnormalities I may experience.

Basically, it involves your ol' pal "Billy-Bob" walking around with stuff taped to my head, off the back of my head (the wires) and into what looks like a fanny-pack worn around my waist, in which is the monitoring device which records all my brain-waves (such as they are! :))

I will be doing this during my off-days from the hospital, and if you're asking yourselves if I'm going to go out in public with all that shit hangin' off my head, well, the answer is NO. I may, however, let a friend make some pictures, just for shits and giggles, and I'll post them here for your viewing pleasure.

In other news, as I told my friend Tom on the phone (bless him, by the way, for his phone calls! I'm sure if it hadn't been for Tom T, I would already be in the booby hatch making baskets, so thanks Tommy, for helping me stay cool!) I had a really great day yesterday and today. Had a lot of fun running around at Home Depot buying shelving for some new computer speakers.

I don't know a damn thing about building supplies, but whenever I go in there, I just go nuts looking at all the stuff and sayin' words, like "cross-cut saw", "2 by 4", "dove-tail joint" and "measure twice, cut once", and making sure those cute sales girls hear me using those words.

By the way, I always thought a "dove-tail joint" was "wacky-tobacky" rolled up and spliced together in kind of a "Y", so two people could smoke it together and not have to pass it around. Guess that shows how much I know, right?

Anyway, a nice, happy couple of days with lots of errands to run and lots of assembling a new computer along with those speakers!

I told Tom I'm much happier when I'm doing something. It's when I have nothing to do that I get into trouble.

So I reckon I'll feel like these guys during those 72 hours. Might as well have some fun with it, right? :)

Thanks for coming by, and once again, please feel free to comment on what you read, okay? I don't talk to that many people about the dementia because I don't know a lot of people except for my patients, and what - I'm gonna tell them that I'm gettin' "milky in the filbert"?

I don't think so! ;)



No comments: