Blog Changes and Other Stuff

Hey

Y'all may have noticed the "adult-oriented" material bar in the gateway of the blog? I had it there before, but took it down thinking that this site would be visited by only adults anyway, but the more I thought about it, I decided that since my language tends to be a tad "salty", I need to give y'all a choice on whether to "come in" or not because I sure wouldn't want to offend anyone.

So for now the bar is up, but if y'all feel like I don't need this "safeguard", then please let me know.

There's also a new little feature that lets you "rate" the blog entry. Since I have no one to edit my stuff but me, it would be a big help if y'all could check one of the attributes of the blog that appeals to you.

That ad box: Everytime it is clicked on by someone new GOOGLE pays the blogger 2 cents. That isn't a whole lot of money unless a whole lot of people click, but whatever comes in will go to support Alzheimer research, so if you could please pass the word, it would be great.

By the way, you can't just sit there and repeatedly click, because the server tracks your IP and the same person cannot click again and make it count for 2 cents - all you'd do is artificially inflate the hits on the site. As soon as I get a little more time, I'll develop some more ads, and maybe we can raise some money for AD.

At last check, 25 Straight Dopers have e-mailed Oprah about doing a show on AD, so I hope some of us will hear something soon, as my friends on www.alz.org and those who follow this blog have also sent e-mails. As soon as I hear something I will post it here.

Last but not least, I wanted you to know I value your input and advice as well, so if you hear of something that I have not written about, please let me know, because I want to broaden my horizons as much as I can as it relates to this disease. "Forewarned is forearmed", right?

Remember I'm a "new kid in town" and I need all the help I can get to try to beat this thing.

Thanks and I wish you all a pleasant and restful Sunday ('cept for my friends in New Zealand and Australia, whose Sunday is winding down and where it will be Monday soon!;) )

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th