Wanna Help?

Some of us on www.alz.org have started an e-mail campaign suggesting Oprah Winfrey do a show on EOD/AD (Early Onset Alzheimer's/Alzheimer's Disease).

It would be greatly appreciated if those of you following my blog, and also those who have loved ones with AD would also send an e-mail in care of http://www.oprah.com/contactus

Below is a copy of what I wrote:

Thanks very much!

Bill

===============================================================================

Dear Oprah,

I am a 58 year old (otherwise very healthy) health care professional (respiratory therapist) recently diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's.

In the course of my work, I see many patients with dementia, but never expected to be one myself, and I am very concerned because I love my job and I want to be able to take care of my patients as long as I am able.

I am very fortunate to have a neurologist who is following me very closely, but I know not everyone with AD is as lucky as me, so I would like to suggest you do one of your shows on Alzheimer's, current treatment, and research for a possible cure.

At present, my own symptoms are such that I can still work, but who knows what the future holds?

I am currently availing myself of all clinical trials such as www.formemory.org and others so I can possibly be of some assistance to someone else, so I consider myself to be very proactive in battling this disease.

Thanks for reading my e-mail and considering a show on this very important subject.

Sincerely

Bill Craig, CRT, RCP

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXX-XXX_XXXX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th