AD Links

Spinal tap is scheduled for November 7th. One thing I can say about my neuro guy - he is leaving no stone unturned, and he knows me well enough to know that I am conversant with what's going on and he speaks plainly and without soft-pedalling anything.

The weekend was uneventful as far as any symptoms or anything out of the norm. Only a few people know about this, which I do not think will always be the case. I don't talk about myself with that many people......

Here are some helpful places for more information on Alzheimer's.

Alzheimer's Association: http://www.alz.org/ 1-800-272-3900

Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referral Center: (ADEAR) http://www.alzheimers.org/ 1-800-438-4380

Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA): www. alzfdn.org 1-866-232-8484

Administration on Aging (AoA) (Department of Health and Human Services): http://www.aoa.gov/ 1-202 619-0724

The National Family Caregiver Association (NFCA): http://www.nfcacares.org/ 1-800-896-3650

===================================================================

The last entry being the one for your caregiver to visit for support and AD education.

If you live alone (as I do) you may want to have someone check on you via the phone regularly. I have a brother who will do this for me, and he and I will work out a few questions he can ask to gauge my capacities.

Above all, one must remember that this isn't a reason for lying down and giving up. No, there's not a cure, but research is ongoing and there's a very good chance that the medication one is prescribed will be all that is needed to help with daily activities.

Counselling is a great way to get help if one needs a little extra.

In short, avail yourself of all support. You need not be alone in this.

Till next time.

Bill

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bill,

They gave me a spinal tap as well. They were trying to rule out all of the other problems that might be causing my un-explained behavior. The puncture went well and I even allowed them to take an additional vile for teaching and testing at Penn State.

Positive result- They found nothing.

Negative result-
I soon developed a back problem like I had never had experienced before! I Chiropractor told me that it is a common side effect of spinal punctures. I was 6 months with the Physical Therapist and Chiropractor before is was gone.


Was it worth it? Hell no!

Tom

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th