View My Stats

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"How Was Your Vacation, Bill?" PART III

One of the nicer things about my trip was the "Scavenger Hunt" my good friend Hans-Peter had me do.


Rothenburg on der Tauber is one of the few medieval towns in Europe totally surrounded by a wall.
It was on that wall, that Hans-Peter hid something for me to find and here it is:


Hans-Peter has been a friend for quite a number of years and although we've never met, we've formed a bond in that we're both very proud of our German Heritage. My friend took his family on vacation and was in Rothenburg a couple of weeks before me. We thought we would have some fun and I asked him how he felt about hiding something for me somewhere in the town, and he chose the picture of his first grandchild Nicholas. What a cute kiddo, huh?







Before I end this little "travelogue", I have to comment on how I was treated by Germans other than my friends and family: shabbily.


I went into a bakery to purchase some "Brötchen" (breakfast and dinner rolls) pretzels  and pastries and the young lady waiting on me really had a chip on her shoulder to the point where she just about threw my change at me. No idea what she has against Americans or maybe she was just having a bad day, but when I brought it up to my friend Peter, he told me that lately just about all the hired help had "attitude" problems.


All in all, it made it very easy for me to choose never to go back. Yes, I'll miss my friends and what family remains, but unless they come to America to visit, that's it.


=========================================
=========================================


In other "news", I took a look at my "visitors" (people who have actually signed up to read the blog)and coincidentally those whose blogs I too read, and I noticed that some have either stopped writing or......have passed on. I really hope the latter isn't true. People do get tired of writing, but one last entry was in 2012.


But we sometimes lose touch, don't we, so I hope that is all it is.


=======================================
=======================================


I'm glad to say I was still able to function enough to help some folks with the voting process last Tuesday as Dondra and I are volunteers to help at the polls. It is something that we both look forward to, because it gets us both out of the house and we get to see some old acquaintances and catch up.


======================================
======================================


Last but not least, I have an appointment with my counselor this Thursday morning which is when we will reassess my status and maybe change some meds around or discontinue some others. I'll write a short synopsis when it's all said and done


=====================================
=====================================
This one's for Nicky and his Opa. Maybe they'll sit and sing along together? ======================================= ===================================== Please remember to click and feed the animals. Winter's already almost here and the shelters could use a little help. Thanks and see ya next time! Bill ======================================= ======================================== The Animal Rescue Site

No comments: