My Memoirs: A Work In Progress

As I wrote before, I m writing my memoirs backward, although when they're finally done, they'll read forward as they should.

At the present time (and without giving away too much yet), I am asking some classmates from my American hometown what they remember about me. I hope they will write back, since I really need to know what they thought about an 11 year-old just arrived from Germany who didn't speak English worth a damn. So far, I've had one person to reply, and she has had some very interesting things to say about me.

All the classmates who respond either positively or negatively, have my guarantee of anonymity, but all of it will be written down and published in some kind of way. Probably as cheaply as possible and just for the family and/or whoever else expresses an interest.

I wish Robert A. Heinlein hadn't already used "A Stranger In A Strange Land", because that would have made an excellent title. So back to the drawing board for that part of it.

I have already decided to use my journalism background and not let animosity slip through, because although those things did happen, and not all of them were good things, I don't mean to embarrass anyone, especially because they may have grown up differently from the way I remember them. Besides, what good will that do anyone. I will try to keep everything I write in 3rd person as far as they are concerned, and no "fake names" will be used.

So if you happen to be a classmate of mine whom I have not yet contacted, please write me and tell me some stuff.

That's it on a rainy day in Georgia! See you soon with another blog entry!

In closing, I tried to find an appropriate tune for this entry, and this is the one I came up with, and I am hoping it's meaningful to at least some of you.



==============================================================================
==============================================================================

Please don't forget to click and feed a homeless, hungry and cold animal. It doesn't cost a thing to click to feed, and thanks!
The Animal Rescue Site

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th