Me And "Top Cat" ( My Grandson, Julian)

I call him that, because as some of you may remember, Top Cat (the cartoon) was really cool, which made him the leader of his gang of alley cats.

Well, Julian isn't only cool, he's very intelligent (hooked up our new wii) and a very polite young man for his age (11). I believe he gets this by going to church every Sunday and participating in all the youth activities there, and that's just fine with his ol "Opa" (me).

We did have one serious discussion, a couple of days ago (he's here with us spending a portion of his holiday break): "How's the bullying in your school, kiddo?, I asked him.

"What bullying?", he replied, and that made me happy because it leaves him free to study (he makes A's and B's only) plus participate in his soccer (he's got one trophy under his belt already!) without any outside interference.

He's also very diligently studying the drum lessons I gave him to learn, and he's in there right now pounding on his Opa's drum kit. Nothing spectacular yet, (paradiddles only), but if he puts his mind to drumming as he does everything else, he'll have it down in no time.

In many ways, he's my saving grace, because when he's here with me, I seem to brighten up, get away from this thing, and spend time with him outside and watch him skateboard.

He is also my "ersatz" German Christmas this year. As I wrote before, one of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to go home to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, my hometown, and spend the holidays there. Unfortunately, we can't do that this year, due to economics, but if I can hold out, I would dearly love to take him with me and let him see where I grew up and meet his cousins and my friends.

Maybe next year.

So... whatcha got planned for New Year's Eve? I imagine Dondra and I will be staying home and sharing a bit o' the Nog and Rum together, and see the New Year in with a hug and kiss. That's also my birthday, so we'll have dual reasons to celebrate.

Hang in there if this isn't your favorite time of year, and if you need to, send me a note and let's hook up and talk our way through it, okay?
===================================================================
===================================================================
Here's a household tip for ya': "When using a plunger on a clogged toilet, remember to keep your mouth shut." Andrew Haknort, 1907-1975
==================================================================
==================================================================
Here's one of my favorite classical trumpet works, "Hora Staccato" by Grigorus Dinico, here performed by a young Chekoslovakian musician. This is a very difficult piece of music, not only for the performer, but also the accompanying musicians.


====================================================================
====================================================================


=================================================================
=================================================================

Don't forget to click to feed, please.

The Animal Rescue Site
================================================================
================================================================

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th