Update On Being "Proactive"

My COBRA insurance (heretofore affordable at 139.00 a month) runs out at the end of December (after that it's $380.00 a month!), so today D and I picked up applications for Medicaid (for me) and food stamps.

We'll be turning those in tomorrow.

In addition, I checked with Consumer Credit Counselling Service in Atlanta (you have to, before filing for bankruptcy) and they referred me to Angelfood Ministries. (Click on the title of this blog entry to go there).

This is a place where you can order prepared meals (3 a day) for a fraction of what you'd pay at the grocery store. I qualify for the senior citizen package which only costs 30.00 ordered online.

The good news about Angelfood is that ANYONE can take advantage of this service. You don't have to be poor, demented and delapidated like me.

The food stamps, Medicaid and Angelfood will go a long way in taking some of the financial burden off my wife. This way she won't have to worry about fixing me anything to eat (you just heat them up and eat 'em), buying food for me. and hopefully (with the Medicaid) not having to buy my meds/pay my doctor bills.

So now we wait. On all the approvals and/or denials.

As you know, I am used to helping not needing help, so this all has cost me a lot of pride and self-esteem.

Everyone has been very supportive and encouraging, but I mean damn!, it really sucks to be me, I reckon.

This one's gonna "creep you out" a bit. It's a song by a group called Bloodrock, and in addition to the warning you saw when you entered the blog, I am issuing ANOTHER one. This version is the least graphic I found, but the words might get to you a bit. Just keep in mind it's for Halloween, when we ALL get a little "creepy".



The Animal Rescue Site


Thanks for clicking to feed and voting for Paulding Humane in the Shelter Challenge!

B~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th