Oh, God, y'all! I am wore slap-out! *LOL*
Got there at 8:3o this morning and met with Dr. Ann Sollinger, PhD for a preliminary interview. She asked the questions that decided if this would be a short or all-day session. I found her very professional and empathetic. There were times when I didn't trust myself to speak, and she waited while I "pulled myself together", and I appreciated that so much. I was so apprehensive about the testing that I didn't sleep at all last night, and I know I looked a mess, but she put me so at ease with her quiet manner, that I soon settled right in. I know I'm in good hands!
At 9, my administrator Ashley walked in, took out my brain, examined it, asked it a lot of questions, and then re-inserted it, devoid of any delusions of grandeur I might have ever had of being a genius.
I will recount here what I remember of that we did those 6 hours. (It won't be much, I promise!)
1. I was shown some diagrams and asked to reproduce them on a sheet of paper. I think I did okay.....
2. I was told two stories with a lot of details and then he asked me to repeat as much as I remembered of those details (and that we'd come back to those stories at a future time, when he would ask me again.). I think I did okay on those, although I did forget some salient details.
3. Math: I sucked at even the basic stuff: "Joe bought a sports coat for 60 dollars, which was marked down 15%. What was the original price?"
A family travels 215 miles in 5 and a half hours. What was their rate of speed?
4. Vocabulary: (Meanings of words). Aced that one
5. How are these things alike?
a) Work and Play?
Bill: "They're not alike".
Ashley: "Try again".
Bill: "They're both activities?"
Ashley: "That's right."
Bill: (to himself) "WTF?"
b) Democracy and Monarchy:
Bill: "They're two separate things!"
Ashley: "Try again."
Bill: "Okay, they both have one "head of state?"
Bill: (to himself again) "Was in der FRIGG????"
c) Friend and Enemy:
Bill: "They're both people!"
6. Name these things in the pictures.
Aced that one
7. Name as many of these in each category (Fruits, Vegetables, Animals) as you can in a minute.
Bill: (trying to go through the alphabet) Got maybe 10 in each category.
8. Flash Cards: With this one, he told me he couldn't explain what I was supposed to do - I'd need to figure it out myself.
He put four cards in front of me in red, yellow, blue and green with different shapes and I was supposed to put the next card he dealt me under the card that most closely fit where I thought it should go.
I got maybe 35% of those right, and we did it twice.
The last part of the testing (there was more - I just cannot remember all of it!) consisted of 560 computer questions about my personality and stuff. (Which we all already know is frigged beyond repair, right? *S*)
So, God, I'm wore out, Kiddos!
Ashley was great! He let me go pee when I needed to, and he even brought me a Diet Pepsi when I was falling asleep at the computer answering all those questions. He could not have been nicer to me, and PLUS..... he was impressed when I was able to tell him who wrote "Faust" (It was Göthe, of course).
He said I was only the second person he'd ever tested who knew that, and then I told him I was half-German! *LOL*
So what's left of me and my brain at 7:19 pm on a Thursday evening in Dallas, Georgia?
ZILCH! How about a little Monkees Techno tonight?
Kudos to you if you recognize the genre of music this song represents?
Think "Bach". Think "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"!
Lyrics are below the vid!
Mr. Dobolina, Mr. Bob Dobolina,
Mr. Dobolina, Mr. Bob Dobolina, etc...
China clipper calling Alameda,
China clipper calling Alameda, etc...
Never mind the furthermore, the plea is self defense,
Never mind the furthermore, the plea is self defense, etc...
It is of my opinion that the people are intending,
It is of my opinion that the people are intending, etc...
Zilch, zilch, zilch.
Thanks and I should know in 2 weeks how demented I am!