"I Was So Much Older Then.....

...... I'm younger than that now."

Many of my friends remark on the fact that I have a special rapport with kids, and there is a very good reason for that: I'm a kid myself, and I hope I never lose that "child-like" quality.

I know. I need to be an adult sometimes too, and I am, when necessary, but I would rather be a kid.

When I worked in the ER of our hospital, I used to love doing magic tricks and bringing out my puppet "Dr. Bob", to make my pediatric patients feel a little better, and I sure do miss that. The last place those little ones want to to be is in a hospital emergency room, and I always thought that if I could make them smile, then maybe that visit wouldn't be so traumatic.

What's your point, Bill? Right?

My point is that I don't mind the aging, the Alzheimer's, and the fact that I will die from it some day. What I DO mind is the not remembering, the clumsiness, the rages and the forgetting of words as I try to speak them.

Let me be a kid, but please don't let me be an idiot?!

Here's something no one (hardly) knows about me: I love to watch Sesame Street and I loved Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

My friend Beth shares my feelings and I thank her first of all for being my friend, and secondly for what you are about to see. I never knew this video existed, and I'm going to warn you: it's gonna make you cry, but they will be happy tears, because we'll always have our frog. God rest your soul, Jim Henson and God bless you, Tom Smith.



Thank You!

Bill

Comments

Beth said…
Matthew 18:3 And (Jesus) said, Truly, I say to you, If you do not have a change of heart and become like little children, you will not go into the kingdom of heaven.

I Had not seen this version of the video, I think it's the best one I've seen.

Keep on keepin' on, hon, and being the awesome person you are. and remember who loves Ya, Baby!
Bill Craig said…
Thank you, Bethie!

What a wonderful sentiment that is!

Whether I'm "awesome" or not will be decided by Someone more in a position to judge than either of us, but I thank you for thinking of me in that way.

I have wronged and been wronged, but as The Wilburys sing, "The best you can do is forgive".

I think I have said before that Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood were my friends when I thought I had none as a child, but I feel like I have a true friend in you, and everyone here,
Beth.

Thanks for the verse!

Bill

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th