Sir Terry Pratchett: Alzheimer's Patient

Those of you who are readers of science fiction, will know him as the author of the
Discworld series.

I would like you to watch this 2 part speech, and try to keep in mind that this man has Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease.

Please pay particular attention to his symptoms, and how frustrating it is for him to be able to buy crack (if he wanted to), but yet The National Health will not provide the Aricept that he and other British subjects need in order to function.

Sound familiar?






What's it going to take?

My "idea" of us colonizing and being self-sufficient was meant as satire, but if our government continues to spend our money on wars rather than its own citizens' health, what's left?

Terry Pratchett doesn't want to die. Bill Craig, who is nowhere near as famous as Sir Terry doesn't want to die. None of us want to die, but no one seems to be listening.

No one wants to believe.

Comments

Timespanner said…
Thank you, very much, for putting those vids up on your blog, Bill. I love Pratchett's books, and I treasure the brief moment still when he signed one at a local bookstore: "Read 'em and Reap."

I do really hope that folks start noticing this insidious disease for what it truly is.
Anonymous said…
Nice to know he hasn't lost his sense of humor, Lisa!

Thanks

Bill

PS: Who leaves for another MRI in just few minutes. My neck has gotten so stiff I cannot move it withouy pain and I have started these involuntary spasms which come out nowhere and they travel all the way up my neck.....

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th