Some Hopeful News For Me And Others With AD

Thanks to Guy Michetti for posting the following link on the message board of our Alzheimer's Online Community at http://www.alz.org/ about a doctor who may have discovered a way to slow the progression of AD in her husband by using non-hydrogenated coconut oil in his oatmeal. Not only does it seem to be slowing the disease down, her husband is also getting some lost memory function back. The link is here: http://www.tampabay.com/news/aging/article879333.ece. Be sure to also read the comments at the end as well.

Looks like one more supplement to be added to my already long list. We all have to try whatever's out there, and if that means helping ones' self, then that's the way it has to be.

Spinal tap is coming up next Friday, and I am hoping that it will go without a hitch. I am enjoying reading everyones' posts and threads on the message board and I am proud that I have y'all "in my corner". I don't feel as "alone" as I did a week ago. I will contribute more as I feel more comfortable.

Thanks for visiting here as well!

Bill

Comments

Unknown said…
Here's a company that is coming out with a product maybe by next year that is related to this story:

http://www.accerapharma.com/26/news.html


Accera is a private biotechnology company engaged in the development of novel therapeutic drugs for some of the most challenging neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Age Associated Memory Impairment. Our lead product, KetasynTM, is a first-in-class therapeutic with a novel mechanism-of-action. Accera is building a strong product pipeline through our own small molecule discovery program, in-licensing, and the acquisition of clinical compounds with demonstrated safety and efficacy for treating or preventing neurodegenerative diseases.

ttp://www.accerapharma.com/index.php
Anonymous said…
My wife and I went out and purchased two bottles this morning after our trip to the gym. I understand that you need to ramp up on your usage to prevent diarrhea. I was made aware of that by JAB on "the" board.

Tom

Popular posts from this blog

Skipping Ahead A Bit In The Memoirs

My EOAD Support FORCE

President Biden Plans To End Covid Emergency On May 11th